If you feel like it’s time for a detox but don’t want to commit to a strict diet, SHAPE’s 7-Day Clean Eating Challenge could be the perfect solution. It’s a fun, easy 7 day detox governed by five simple rules, and you can either use the recipes provided by SHAPE or make up your own.
“It’s easy and the payoffs include skyrocketing energy, weight loss, better control over your appetite, and even better looking skin,” says Cynthia Sass, RD.
Five Rules of the 7 Day Detox
1. Use Only Whole foods: This means food like fresh fruit and vegetables, nuts, seeds, and meat etc. ”When you eat packaged foods, only buy brands that contain “real food” ingredients—ingredients you easily recognize, can pronounce, and would use to make a “from scratch” version in your own kitchen,” says Sass.
2. Keep It Simple: Don’t use too many ingredients in your meals. As long as you’ve got lean protein, healthy fat, and whole grains covered in each meal, you’re good.
3. Eat Slowly: “Put your fork or spoon down between every bite, and focus on the flavors and textures of your food,” Sass suggests.
4. Eat Regularly: Try to eat at least every four hours. By not leaving too much time between meals, you are going to be less likely to binge. Also, regular meals help keep your metabolism running at optimum level.
5. Listen to Your Body: “Eat when you’re hungry and stop when you’re full, meaning satisfied, not stuffed,” says Sass. The recipes provided by SHAPE don’t state the amounts of any ingredient. In this way, you can let your body decide exactly how much food you need.
SHAPE has created dinner ideas for each day, but this diet also gives you the chance to be creative in the kitchen and try different combinations of ingredients using these simple rules.