FAQ – Top 5 Questions by Category

Ask your Master Cleanse related question

Have a question related to The Master Cleanse, or Cleansing in general? Please leave a comment here to have it answered.

Continue Reading

121 Responses to FAQ – Top 5 Questions by Category

1. Sunil October 13, 2015 at 11:10 pm #

Can I have a glass of milk in morning.
    I live in India. Can I have another juices as well. And is it OK if I have only 4-5 glasses sugarcane juice or another citrus juices in a day.

• Mike Olaski October 16, 2015 at 2:24 am #

You can have anything that’s not part of The Master Cleanse if you don’t want to do The Master Cleanse. Your decision.

2. Sunil October 13, 2015 at 10:56 pm #

Can I have a glass of milk in morning.
    I live in India. Maple syrup you mean Sugarcane Juice. Right?

• Mike Olaski October 16, 2015 at 2:26 am #

No you can’t have milk in the morning.

Maple Syrup is the prefered ingredient. Cane Sugar or Syrup is an OK alternative. Not sure what you mean by Juice. If it’s got anything other than natural forming sugars that are nutrient dense, low(ish) glycemic, you don’t want it.

3. Nicole October 5, 2015 at 2:31 am #

How much of the “pre-made mix” (just lemon juice and syrup) can you make at a time? Is it just for a day? Do the enzymes die quickly even though the syrup is preserving it?

• Mike Olaski October 10, 2015 at 1:57 pm #

You should make your lemonade fresh each cup as you’re needing it. The active fresh enzymes in the lemon juice is critical.

If you have to make some up in advance, create a concentrate, putting equal parts lemon juice and maple syrup (no cayenne or water) into a dark glass container, keep light and air out as much as possible. This will keep the enzymes active for longer. Then mix water and cayenne when you need it. You could make up 8 glasses worth (16 TBS of each for the day this way).

• Mike Olaski December 15, 2015 at 5:05 pm #

We have a new FAQ post for this question: http://themastercleanse.org/how-to-make-a-master-cleanse-concentrate/

4. Joshua September 28, 2015 at 12:26 pm #

Is the waterflush should be done everyday in the morning?

• Mike Olaski September 28, 2015 at 2:09 pm #

It’s optional, but it certainly can be done everyday. I usually do it every other day, but doing the laxative on alternating days, although some MC practitioners advocate always doing the laxative each day (not optional). All that matters is you have a good bowel movement each day.

5. WeeklongMuffin September 25, 2015 at 10:00 pm #

So I’m 24 never been in good shape was always the fat kid eating junk food, even to this day. No muscle mass no motivation just play video games and eat most ppl think I am skinny but truth be told I got the skinny-fat syndrome. Just started getting into working out in going to my boxing gym about 3 times a week and doing my strength training 2-3 times a week for the past two months, been trying to change diet to eating a little better. Not so much fast foods and garbage. My friend recommended I do the master cleanse to help clear my body of the 24 years of Gunk I been abusing my body with. And possibly kick my smoking habits. Was wondering if its going to be okay to continue my workouts while on the cleanse. I’m not worried if I dont gain bigger muscles while cleaning my body just hoping I will start to feel good about my self.. Nothing like brushing your teeth in the mirror without a shirt on and getting sad by the sight

• Mike Olaski September 26, 2015 at 3:19 am #

You can keep working out, but you should discontinue strength training, although certain Master Cleanse Coaches would say you could continue, but it really depends on your level/experience with workouts.

Check it out here:

6. Alison July 27, 2015 at 8:31 am #

Hi Mike, I am day one into the MC. This will be my 4th time. I have had some amazing results from the cleanse but I stopped doing it because after the cleanse I always get constipated for 4-5 day and I feel terrible, like I just destroyed all that hard work. I have eased out, eaten raw veggies and fruit that are supposed to help with constipation. I drank lots of water. Nothing helped but time. Normally, when not cleansing, I am very regular, first thing every morning.

I feel like my body becomes dependent on the smooth move tea and then when I start eating again and stop the tea my body doesn’t work on its own.

I was really going to try and not do the tea this time but after reading about it on your site it seems like I need to. I absolutely cannot do the salt water flush – it makes me want to die.

What do you recommend? Maybe tea every other day? I don’t know! Help please!

Thanks!!!

• Mike Olaski July 27, 2015 at 4:37 pm #

Hi Alison,

What do you mean you get constipated on day 4 or 5? The smoothe move doesn’t work, and you don’t have any movements? If so, take more of the laxative, as dosing is tricky. If it didn’t work, you didn’t get enough. Simple as that.

I feel ya about the SWF, but it’s FANTASTIC. Do your best to make peace with the process, and know you can get through it. It’s really not that bad if you try a few tricks. It really does flush you out so well.

Now, strict “Stanley” says you need to do the laxative, but I’ve done the whole cleanse with just the SWF. Alternating days is a great idea. In fact that’s what I usually do to get that extra deep down elimination that the laxative seems to dig up.

Or, you might be saying you finish the whole 10 day cleanse, but don’t have a movement for several days after. If that’s the case, take note of the food you’re ease-ing out with and the spacing of adding more complex foods. I usually have a small movement just from the orange juice on day 1 of the ease-out with no laxative or swf. But you really do have to feather in your fiber, as too much too soon will definitely jam you up. I made that mistake with raw brocoli one year. So fibrous. Too fast. No bueno.

Now about your theory of your body not working without the laxative, Tom Woloshyn says it’s impossible to get addicted to the laxative. Now I would ask you if your not having movements throughout the course of your cleanse, you could possibly be setting the stage for some issue later.

Just some thoughts to consider, unfortunately I don’t have the absolute answer for you except to analyze your process and look for causes.

Cheers,

Mike

7. Dominic June 22, 2015 at 5:53 am #

Hi,

Is there an alternate to laxative pill or tea? cos both are not available in the country I live. Is cayenne chilli powder same as cayenne pepper powder? The ingredients on the bottle mentioned is cayenne chilli powder only. Can I use it?

or what is it like to do this course without the laxative tea or pill? worth it or not worth it? or may be some green tea or any organic tea should help.?

please advice..

thanks
    Dominic

8. Gail June 17, 2015 at 7:41 pm #

The book says to drink 6 to 12 glasses of lemonade daily, is a glass 10oz?

• Eduardo June 23, 2015 at 12:18 pm #

Hi I was wondering if it was ok to take the required laxative at morning instead of at night. Also, why is it suggested to be taken at night?

9. brenda April 14, 2015 at 1:41 pm #

Hi!! I was wondering if i could drink one glass of kombucha while on the cleanse?? I normally drink it before bed and I am on day three now but I just saw that you recommend to take probiotics until after the cleanse so I am now doubting! thanks in advance!

10. erika March 28, 2015 at 8:07 pm #

how man bottles of the cleanse do I drink a day along with purified alone