FAQ – Top 5 Questions by Category

Ask your Master Cleanse related question

Have a question related to The Master Cleanse, or Cleansing in general? Please leave a comment here to have it answered.

Continue Reading

122 Responses to FAQ – Top 5 Questions by Category

1. Fernando December 29, 2016 at 1:29 pm #

What is the reason to use Maple syrup ? It seems to me it would trigger insulin secretion but one of the main purposes of the diet is to do the opposite since insulin regulates glucose intake and fat storage…

2. Jen November 30, 2016 at 6:54 am #

Hi! Day two beginner. Can someone explain to me the frequency of doing detox tea and SWF over the course of the cleanse. I successfully did the flush last night but now I do not know when/how frequently I can incorporate my detox teas and other SWF? Can I do a salt water flush every day? And a detox tea in the morning and night?
    Thanks

3. Ali November 27, 2016 at 9:39 am #

Is it OK to continue working out on this diet

4. Jennifer November 13, 2016 at 10:19 am #

On day 4. Very dehydrated.. any suggestions?

5. James November 11, 2016 at 11:21 am #

I’m currently on day 3 of the master cleanse. Is it ok to take milk thistle supplement? Maybe if I take it out of the capsule and put it in my organic herbal tea?

6. Julia Van Eyken June 27, 2016 at 7:15 pm #

Can someone who is diabetic do the Master Cleanse?

• Tracey November 6, 2016 at 10:26 pm #

If you have diabetes, you must sweeten with blackstrap molasses . This is the only way to get the minerals the body needs to make the needed insulin and to make other balances in the blood sugar. You should start with one teaspoon per glass and increase the amount daily until the full amount is taken.
      I got this directly from the book.

7. Jane May 26, 2016 at 9:46 am #

Can I juice the lemons then freeze the juice immediately in ice trays?
    Then when I want to use them just pop it into the water?

8. AJ April 12, 2016 at 6:54 am #

Is grade A dark color ok to use? Whole foods no longer sells grade B

• Kristin May 30, 2016 at 11:22 am #

I recently asked the same question at Trader Joes. They said they no longer call what used to be known as B grade B grade because people were not buying it thinking it was an inferior product as opposed to the A grade. Just look for the dark robust description and you’ll get the B grade.

9. carol Smith February 9, 2016 at 4:18 am #

Why orange juice to break the fast… seems like veggie juice would be better because of all the natural sugar in oranges… carrot juice for example would be better it seems to me or celery or cucumber……

10. Alex Bray January 25, 2016 at 7:38 pm #

I was hoping to see some useful tips from people that have tried the cleanse. It’s super cool that you received responses to your questions. However, it is incredibly frustrating that some of you have not read the directions and think you can put anything else in your body. I’ve done this before and it was fabulous! I will just say that some of you are missing the point entirely. I feel bad for the administrator that was nice enough to start this FAQ site. How in the world would you start something like this and not understand how important every little step is? Unbelievable…..

• Joanne September 12, 2016 at 6:15 pm #

Hi there,

I was wondering if this method can provide me enough energy to support my dance rehearsals and workouts? Many thanks!

• Tracey November 6, 2016 at 9:54 pm #

I am hoping you have done the cleanse by now and found it to work for you. I have only done it once. I actually followed it to the letter for 30 days and had never felt so great. I am not a dancer but I have seasonal business and was working 14 hour days 7 days a week and felt ready for more. CoWorkers that know me were asking where the energy was coming from. I hope you have given it a try and loved it as much as I.

• Tracey November 6, 2016 at 9:56 pm #

Agreed : ) educate yourself before embarking on this journey and be prepared to allow the cleanse to work it’s magic .