Lose Weight Fast is what all the hype is about these days. Yeah, we all want things fast; cars, food, lifestyles, and Times at Ridgemont High. And the faster we put on 20lbs after highschool snarfing down too many of spicoloy’s pizzas, the faster we want to lose weight.
It seems we all want the quick fix. And while The Master Cleanse is by far the most profound way to Lose Weight Fast, it really shouldn’t be all about losing weight (although for most of you landing here, that’s what it is about). I call The Master Cleanse the most effective Fast Weight Loss program around, but that’s because it’s a Weight Loss Fast. Now if you’re getting a little confused with those similar terms, I am sorry, because I am playing with you just a little. In truth, The Master Cleanse is so good for people who want to lose weight fast, because it is just that. A fast. Let’s look at Wikipedia to start to understand fasting:
Fasting is primarily the act of willingly abstaining from some or all food, drink, or both, for a period of time. An absolute fast is normally defined as abstinence from all food and liquid for a defined period, usually a single day (24 hours), or several days. Other fasts may be only partially restrictive, limiting particular foods or substance. The fast may also be intermittent in nature. Fasting practices may preclude sexual intercourse and other activities as well as food.
Ok, so notice the part that I bolded. The Master Cleanse is a fast because it is a liquid diet, or a mono diet. A diet that restricts or limits to a certain food or substance, and that being the Lemonade of the Lemonade Diet.
Do The Master Cleanse to Lose Weight Fast
Does one lose weight fast on The Master Cleanse? Stanley Burroughs, the inventor of The Lemonade Diet says:
As a reducing diet it is superior in every way to any other system because it dissolves and eliminates all types of fatty tissue. Fat melts away at the rate of about two pounds a day for most persons –and without any harmful side effects.
Of the tens of thousands of comments left on our website, all attest to the rate of fast weight loss that occurs while on The Master Cleanse. But I want to talk more about fasting, because to me that’s the critical component. That’s the healthy component. That’s the spiritual and holistic component that seems so intuitive to living things that animals instinctively fast when they are sick. Think about your dog or cat. What do they do when they are sick? They go into a corner and sleep. Yet we have utterly rejected the concept in modern Western medicine. Thankfully we’re slowly adopting a more complete world view in general due to the access to information like it has never been before. If we would have continued growing big-pharmacuetical companies and big-hospital companies, without the interent, we may have lost the practice of fasting to the history books burried at the back of Barnes and Noble.
There are many types of fasts beyond that of what one usually thinks of, the Water Fast. Truthfully the water fast is better left for the Bible and intermittent days on a juice fast. More often than not, the successful fasts today have some sort of mono diet component bei it the Lemonade or some other juice. It’s a huge topic, and a controversial one that require an effort to discover the current realities, or most acceptable truths from the common perspective. Here’s some fast facts about fasting from a nice little article I found:
- Fasting may help your heart: Fasting for a day once a month may prevent heart disease and insulin resistance, the precursor to diabetes, according to two studies from Utah’s Intermountain Medical Center presented recently at the American College of Cardiology’s scientific sessions.
- There’s a chance fasting can cut cancer risk: Periods of fasting did slow the rate of cell division (a measure of cancer risk) in mice, according to an American Journal of Physiology study.
- The jury’s still out on fasting for other ailments: While there isn’t much research on many of the diseases proponents claim fasting helps treat — multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, and allergies among them — doctors say that if you’re medically able to fast safely (which rules out those with more serious health issues), there’s no research against doing it either
- If you look to anecdotal evidence rather than clinical trials then you’ll find all kinds of claims of “cures” from fasting, and The Master Cleans
- Fasting can’t take the place of a healthy diet: While there may be health perks to intermittent fasting, the research is still preliminary. Horne’s lab is currently working on studies that will evaluate how often and for how long people need to fast to see health benefits.
- Talk to your doctor before you start a fasting regimen: While fasting may have the potential to play a role in wellness, it’s definitely not for everyone. Specifically, if you have a history of eating disorders, diabetes, low blood pressure, anemia, are pregnant or nursing, or are on prescription medication, as well as other conditions/circumstances.
I have copied the first sentence from the authors summary on fasting and I agree with all of them. To a point and to a degree. In fact the only point I have learned from all of this, after 5 years of writing about the subject and studying peoples responses to their own attempts to lose weight fast and that is this:
So many people blindly proclaim that there is “NO” evidence to support this or that. Be it the health claims, or danger claims for that matter. What studies do get done seem to have another one counter-claiming it in some way. One Doctor says this, another says that. But the list of proponents is long, and this article lists all the Doctor led studies from history about the benefits of fasting. Here’s another great article about fasting. Three other pioneers of fasting for health are DR. Tanner’s 40 day fasts, Dr E. H. Dewey fasting experience and Dr Hazzard’s work for 30 years on therapeutic fasting.
Books about Fasting for Weight Loss
Do a little research about fasting for yourself, and the act of fasting for not only weight loss, but also for the treatment of disease. There are hundreds of books on Amazon.com about fasting. Go there right now and search for “Fasting”. There are pages and pages of results, from Doctors, scientists, and in-home-self-practitioners like myself who have discovered their own truths about their own experiences. Look for how many are negative and how many are positive. Do you see any books that say “DANGERS of FASTING”. Then look to see how many people have reviewed these books. There are thousands of reviews. And they all seem to be 4 stars or more.
Fasting and Eating for Health: A Medical Doctor’s Program for Conquering Disease:
Joel Fuhrman M.D. is a board-certified family physician, best-selling author and nutritional researcher who specializes in preventing and reversing disease through nutritional and natural methods. As one of the country’s leading experts on nutrition and natural healing, Dr. Fuhrman has appeared on hundreds of radio and television shows including: ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CNN, Today, Good Morning America, the Discovery Channel, TV Food Network, CNBC, and the Dr. Oz Show. His own PBS television show, “3 Steps to Incredible Health,” began airing nationwide in June 2011.
The Miracle of Fasting: Proven Throughout History for Physical, Mental, & Spiritual Rejuvenation:
Juice Fasting and Detoxification: Use the Healing Power of Fresh Juice to Feel Young and Look Great
This book explains how to fast using raw fruit & vegetable juices while maintaining a nearly normal work and living schedule. Includes: Juice recipes, detoxification techniques, exercises, weight loss, water fasting; about the organs of elimination; how to handle a “healing event,” and how to exit a fast safely.
The Daniel Fast: Feed Your Soul, Strengthen Your Spirit, and Renew Your Body
What if you could grow closer to God and improve your health in just 21 days? Susan Gregory, “The Daniel Fast Blogger,” has a plan to help you do just that. Widely recognized as the expert on this 21-day fast inspired by the book of Daniel, Susan has helped thousands of people discover a safe and healthy way to fast. The principles you learn from The Daniel Fast will change the way you view food, your body, and your relationship with the one who created you. Includes 21 days’ worth of Daniel Fast recipes!
Toxic Relief: Restore health and energy through fasting and detoxification:
Dr. Don Colbert is a board-certified family practice medical doctor who specializes in nutritional medicine, treating over 17,000 patients. Since 1984, Dr. Colbert has helped thousands of patients regain good health and live pain free after years of suffering.
Fasting Can Save Your Life
The popular mistaken concept is that we cannot gain strength and build resistance unless we eat So long as this illusion persists, thousands will go to premature graves.Food and nutrition are not synonymous. You are not nourished by food you eat, but in proportion to the amount you digest and assimilate.Through the ages men and women have fasted and regained health, peace of mind and a new way of life. Preservation of life depends on a system of right living. Fasting is only one phase of this system. When it is used properly and supervised by a qualified person, ‘Fasting Can Save Your Life’
Woman’s Guide to Fasting
Christians often give up on fasting, or don’t try it at all, because they lack thorough advice. Most fasting books explain the biblical reasons to fast, but they provide inadequate practical guidance. This concise book shows women the essential steps to successful fasting. Key topics include how to prepare physically and spiritually, what to expect during the fast, and how to reintroduce food. Whether the reader has never fasted before or has tried it occasionally, or wants to fast for one meal or for several days, this unique resource will equip and encourage her to grow closer to God through fasting.
And don’t forget our favourite:
The Master Cleanser: With Special Needs & Problems
The Master Cleanser diet otherwise known as the lemonade diet has been around close to 50 years. It’s the easiest, most delicious, effective cleansing and weight loss diet available. You can feel good and get rid of what ails you. This diet has been used for every health problem with great success.
Favourite Fast Weight Loss Diets
There many diets that help you lose weight, after all that’s the whole point. But not all claim to help you lose weight fast. The whole notion of losing weight fast seems absurd, or even dangerous. Yet there are a few ways that always seem to be at the top of mind when it comes to fast weight loss diets:
- Scarsdale Diet: This is the perfect diet for people who don’t want to go hungry and need to lose more than a couple pounds. It does not require weighing, measuring, counting or anything but following simple menus filled with everyday foods. It works, it keeps you full, and gives you energy! The vegetarian version of our favorite diet has menus for those who follow a vegetarian lifestyle or prefer not to eat meat while dieting.
- Three Day Diet: The perfect diet if you have less than 10 pounds of weight to lose rapidly.
- Hollywood Diet: This juice fast lasts only two days, it’s for anyone with less than 10 pounds to lose.
- Grapefruit Diet: For the grapefruit lovers, this diet produces rapid weight loss with a limited menu plan.
- Cabbage Soup Diet: The popular Cabbage Soup diet is for short term dieters that don’t need to stay on a diet for more than seven days.
- The Lemonade Diet – Master Cleanse: Our personal favourite. We liked it so much we built a website about it. This is a Juice Fast that will help you Lose Weight Fast as well as any other diet, but the overall benefits are hard to deny. Do your due diligence and find out if it’s right for you
You Decide: What’s the Best way to Lose Weight Fast?
First decide if you’re in this for fast weight loss, or to lose weight by fasting. The truth is you can have it all, but if you’re to focused on losing weight fast, you may compromise the technical requirements of a safe fast, and end up doing more harm than good. What’s your opinion on fast weight loss? Is it safe? Have you tried one of these diets? Do you have a favourite way to lose weight fast, and safe? Let us know, we love to learn and share.