Despite all the benefits that water provides, it’s estimated that more than 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. Our bodies are 2/3 water. We are water yet many people still have poor drinking habits. I am in Costa Rica right now and the heat here really made me aware just how important it is for me to have a bottle water with me where ever I go. I never leave the house with out it. It is recommended that we drink 8 glasses of water daily, even more if you are a coffee drinker as that dehydrates your body. How much water do you drink daily? Enough?
Water has no taste, no color, no odor; it cannot be defined, art relished while ever mysterious. Not necessary to life, but rather life itself. It fills us with a gratification that exceeds the delight of the senses.
ANTOINE DE SAINT-EXUPERY (1900-1944), Wind, Sand, and Stars, 1939
Water is Life
Water – it’s apart of our lives in every moment. It’s everywhere we look. I guess that’s why we take it for-granted many times until we are really thirsty. Nothing taste as good as fresh, cool water then. I am happy to see that after a long period of time where we would drink anything but water to satisfy our thirst – be it soft drinks, coffee, bear etc… water became the cool drink again. The fast growing Wellness industry is recognizing the healing and energizing power of water and is finally educating people about this simple drink of health.
Dr. Masaru Emoto‘s Water Molecule Experiments
Couple of years ago I watched the movie “What the bleep do we know?”. This cool movie changed the way I would think about water forever. This movie exposed very interesting research of a Masaru Emoto, Japanese scientist and book author known for his claims that if human speech or thoughts are directed at water droplets before they are frozen, images of the resulting water crystals will be “beautiful” or “ugly” depending upon whether the words or thoughts were positive or negative. Emoto proofs that this can be achieved through prayer, music or by attaching written words to a container of water.
“No one particular religion has been able to secure the exclusive rights for the power of prayer. No matter who you are, we all have the ability to take advantage of this amazing and wonderful power. Once you realize this, you will then be filled with the desire to help others realize this as well. More and more people are resonating with this understanding, and this could result in a more wonderful future for mankind.” Masaru Emoto
The Hidden Messages in Water
Here is a clip from the movie that had a huge impact on my life and the way I think about water and my own body:
Most people are now familiar with the idea and benefits of detox. The primary function of our body over night is to detox and rejuvenate. For this reason it is a good habit to have a glass of water or two to flash your body before going to sleep and also the first thing in the morning. It just reinforces the natural rhythms and cycles of our bodies. Understanding how our bodies function while giving it a helping hand by establishing little healthy habits like these can go a long way to maintain our health and vitality.
Drinking habits to keep you healthy
I personally have a habit of having a glass of Hot Lemon (hot water and squeezed half of a lemon) first think in the morning and before going to bed at the end on my day. I recognized over time that my migraines were not so frequent as I started to do that. And after I consciously reduced the amount of stress in my life by changing my way of thinking, I only have them once in a blue moon now. If you are a person who suffered from migraines, you know that this change can improve the quality of your life in an enormous way. It did for me.
Would you prayer on your water?
Life coaching tip : To take this simple habit od drinking a glass of water as a morning and evening ritual, consider this idea: In my coaching practice I used Masaru Emoto‘s research as an inspiration for a an exercise I use with my clients. Its very playful and easy to apply. Take your favorite water glass and a peace of paper that could wrap around the outside surface of the glass and create a little collage of images and quotes, affirmations, your goals while you are on The Master Cleanse that energize you….. After you have completed the collage, tape it on your glass and drink water from this glass as apart of your routines. Cheers!
Some interesting facts about water
- Roughly 70 percent of an adult’s body is made up of water. At birth, water accounts for approximately 80 percent of an infant’s body weight.
- While the daily recommended amount of water is eight cups per day, not all of this water must be consumed in the liquid form. Nearly every food or drink item provides some water to the body.
- Somewhere between 70 and 75 percent of the earth’s surface is covered with water.The earth is a closed system, similar to a terrarium, meaning that it rarely loses or gains extra matter. The same water that existed on the earth millions of years ago is still present today.The total amount of water on the earth is about 326 million cubic miles of water.
- By the time a person feels thirsty, his or her body has lost over 1 percent of its total water amount. Water is absolutely essential to the human body’s survival. A person can live for about a month without food, but only about a week without water.
- The weight a person loses directly after intense physical activity is weight from water, not fat.
- Water leads to increased energy levels. The most common cause of daytime fatigue is actually mild dehydration.
- For a majority of sufferers, drinking water can significantly reduce joint and/or back pain.
- Drinking adequate amounts of water can decrease the risk of certain types of cancers, including colon cancer, bladder cancer, and breast cancer.
- Water is the primary mode of transportation for all nutrients in the body and is essential for proper circulation.
Source : www.allaboutwater.org
Did Your Perception of Water Change ?
Pure Water isn’t essential to The Master Cleanse, but the reason we would want Pure Water for our cleanse is the same reason we want to cleanse in the first place: Toxins. Why would we spend 2 weeks of effort, trials and tribulations to rid ourselves of toxins, only to consume them in water? To successfully do the Master Cleanse we are advised to use the best quality of water available to us.
“A man too busy to take care of his health is like a mechanic too busy to take care of his tools”. Spanish proverb
To learn more about this elixir of life, you can read our other article on this website : Pure Water – The Universal Cleanser for Detox and Diet