While most of us take significant time to care for our external appearance, we tend to neglect our internal well being. Chances are that if you are suffering from symptoms including lethargy, fatigue, constipation, diarrhea, bloating and weight gain, you could benefit from internal cleanse and detox.
In addition to the nutrients provided by the food and beverages you eat and drink, there are also some dangerous additives such as alcohol, toxins, preservatives and pesticides. These waste products can remain in the digestive system for extended periods of time, and be absorbed into the body, adversely affecting the functioning of your organs. This will, in turn, affect your general health and could cause serious health conditions over time.
With a history dating back to Ancient Greece, cleansing and detoxification have long been recognized as important to health. Even Hippocrates recommended fasting as a way to improve health, and many religious denominations recognize fasting as a means of purifying the spirit.
The Body’s Cleanse And Detox System
Three organs are critical in ensuring that ingested toxins are efficiently removed from the body:
- The liver acts as a filter and prevents toxins from entering the blood stream
- The colon is the last part of the digestive system and extracts water and salt from fecal matter by means of bacterial-aided fermentation before the toxins are eliminated from the body
- The kidneys filter the blood, eliminating toxins from the body in the form of urine.
When the transition of ingested food is sluggish, the body holds on to toxic waste products longer. This toxic burden, which can be exacerbated by over-eating and drinking, can become more than the body’s detoxification organs can efficiently cope with, and symptoms of intoxication such as fatigue and drunkenness can occur.
By removing these toxins through cleansing, the body’s detoxification system will work more efficiently and give a person more energy and vibrancy.
All-Natural Cleanse And Detox
Fasting alone is not the safest and most effective way to cleanse and detoxify the body. It can cause dehydration, dizziness, nausea and other dangerous conditions.
The healthiest way to kick-start your body’s natural detoxification system is by undertaking an all-natural regime of ingesting health-promoting foods which will revitalize you, make you more healthy and even give your hair and skin an improved appearance.
By adopting a two-day cleansing routine on a monthly basis, you will very quickly notice the positive results it has on your overall health and well being.
Cleanse And Detox Super Foods
Here are some tips to creating some cleansing super foods and how to ingest them to get as many benefits as you possibly can from your cleanse and detox.
- Plan your two-day cleanse in advance, so that you can clear unhealthy foods and temptation from your refrigerator and pantry and stock up on fresh and tasty super foods.
- In addition to drinking plenty of water every day, to assist the body in flushing out toxins, you should exchange regular milk for soy, almond, rice or hemp milk.
- For your two-day super cleanse, try to limit your fluid intake to water, which can be flavored with lemon juice, and small amounts of pure pomegranate or pineapple fruit juices.
- In addition to vegetables, you can derive roughage from quinoa, prunes and flax seeds.
- Instead of large meals try to eat small portions every two or three hours. Prepare yourself mixed vegetable salads and stir fries, using a small amount of flax seed or olive oil, and snack on fruit and mixed fruit salads.
- To get the most from your cleanse, include the following vegetables: cabbage, celery, cucumbers, fennel, green beans, kale, onions, radishes, shitake mushrooms and spinach.
- Flavor your salads and stir fries with sea salt and anti-oxidant super herbs and spices such as caraway seeds, garlic, ginger root, nutmeg, oregano, paprika, parsley, pepper and mint.
- Choose the following fruits: apples, bananas, blueberries, kiwi fruit, pineapples, strawberries.
- While it may be tempting to put everything in the blender and drink shakes and smoothies for the duration of your cleansing regime, it is important to give your digestive system some solid food to digest, and you should eat a combination of solids and fluids.
Realize These Cleanse And Detox Benefits
There are countless benefits to cleanse and detox that help various parts of your body and how it works. Using the tips listed above can help you reach all of those benefits and make you much healthier in the future.