Unlike the Ease-out, the Ease-in (Or Ease-On) is optional. However, after years of cleansing and supporting cleansers we’ve found that each of these three phases is equally as important to your successfully completing this sometimes challenging cleanse. Some people choose not to ease into this somewhat extreme detox. I personally believe that it is a kind choice to allow our bodies to adjust to this cleansing process and to slowly start letting our digestive system rest before we introduce the spicy lemonade cleanse of the lemonade diet that eventually allows for our digestive system to rest completely.
I also find (as I manage our Master Cleanse Facebook page), that people who choose to ease-on are not as challenged to stick to the Lemonade diet and that is a great benefit on its own. Easing-onto the lemonade can prepare you for the cleanse:
This is especially important for the people that are about to do the Master Cleanse for the very first time.
The Ease-in portion of the Master Cleanse is important to me for several reasons.
- It allows me to prepare my digesting system for the upcoming big changes in my diet. Eventually, as I start the actual Lemonade diet, my digestive system will be allowed to rest completely, so it makes sense to start introducing foods very easy to digest ( soups, juices, smoothies…) before I start only drinking liquids — the lemonade and additional pure water.
- It helps me develop the habit of a more natural and healthier diet. I don’t want to adopt a rule-filled lifestyle such as vegan or vegetarian, but I do want to limit processed foods, dairy products and red meats. I know that juicing is a great way to get vital veggies.
- Therefore, if I choose to eat this way strictly before I begin my cleanse, I am a little more likely to continue the habit in my Post-Cleanse Lifestyle.
“This simpler diet will be less stressful on the body and will help with the eventual elimination of some of your poor food choices. Eating such a diet will make it easier for you to transition to the Master Cleanse.”
The Ease-in can be eliminated, as it is not suggested in the original text. It can also be reduced. This is just my version, take it or leave it.
How to Ease into the Lemonade diet
This is a good method to gradually prepare your body for the Master Cleanse.
- Day 1 – The SSSuper Food Diet – Salads, Soups, Smoothies & Juices
- Day 2 – The SSuper Food Diet – Soups, Smoothies & Juices
- Day 3 – Orange Juice – 3 1-liter orange juice (with 2 tablespoons of maple syrup if you want more calories and energy)
Ease-In Day 1 – Living Food Diet
To do the [easyazon-link asin=”B000B651BQ” locale=”us”]The Living Food Diet[/easyazon-link], you need only to eat live foods. Simply remove processed foods, meat and dairy from your diet. Enjoy shopping for, and eating interesting fruits and vegetables. Savor the rich flavor and textures. Be sure that you don’t go too heavy on fruits as they are high in sugar. A 60/40 balance of vegetables to fruits is a good guideline.
A pre-diet regimen is essential. As with the diet itself, the quality of the ingredients is important. Organic is good, but a lack of organic foods should not keep you from starting; if you can’t find organic, get regular produce. To be on a vegetarian diet including juicing, soups and broths for a few days prior to the Cleanse is a great way to slowly allow your digestive system to adjust to a new upcoming (and for many people a bit extreme) Lemonade diet.
Top 5 inexpensive Super Vegetables:
- Organic Onions
- Organic Carrots
- Organic Broccoli
- Organic Peppers
- Organic Tomatoes
- And Organic Oranges for your Orange juice to drink on the last day of Ease-in
Ease-In Day 2 – Juicing, Blending, Soups and Broths
As much as you can, keep the ingredients:
- And Organic
This step preps your body for a liquid diet and delivers macronutrients more quickly to your bloodstream.By breaking down the foods to liquids we can more readily take in the nutrients from the food. Fruit and Vegetable Juicing is very enjoyable. There are endless combinations of tasty juicing recipes. Blending is equally enjoyable. Green smoothies are like drinking a glass of healing. If you do not have a juicer, you can make soup or broths.
Here are some great vegetable soup recipes you may enjoy while Easing into the Master Cleanse.
Ease-In Day 3 – Orange Juice
Manually or electrically juice enough oranges to make 2 liters of Orange Juice, mixed with water (to taste).Sometimes I find it hard to get the calories I need through the day and so I add some Maple Syrup to increase my caloric intake. Again, this is just the reverse process of the Ease-out or “Breaking the Master Cleanse.”
IMPORTANT NOTE: The most important factor to keep in mind during the Ease-in stage is to drink a lot of pure water, especially when you are fruit and veggie juicing. If you do not make broth, and opt for juices instead, it is important you understand that the juice will have a great deal of fiber, and you need to make sure you have enough water in your system to keep you from becoming constipated.
Why is the Ease-In So Important? Video
Gather Your Master Cleanse Kit
Regardless of whether you choose to Ease-In or go right to The Lemonade Diet, your Master Cleanse Kit will contain all of your ingredients, tools, equipment, and appliances that you will need during the Master Cleanse and The Lemonade Diet. The tools and equipment of The Master Cleanse Kit are used to prepare and make the Lemonade, as well as to produce your Daily Detox Bowel Movements. The Lemonade Diet Ingredients are discussed in detail further down this page (and on The Lemonade Diet page).
Below are some other items you might consider for inclusion in your Master Cleanse Kit.
- Laxatives (to create Daily Detox Bowel Movements)
- Sea Salt (for The Salt Water Flush)
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B0091SW75S” locale=”US” nw=”y” tag=”mc-ea-cta-us-20″]Hand Juicers[/easyazon_link] or Electric Juicers
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B07767DGPD” locale=”US” nw=”y” tag=”mc-ea-cta-us-20″]Teaspoon and Tablespoon[/easyazon_link] Measures
- Naturally Non-caffeinated [easyazon_link identifier=”B0009F3PJE” locale=”US” nw=”y” tag=”mc-ea-cta-us-20″]Herbal Teas[/easyazon_link] (the only cheating allowed)
- Bio-Metric Measures (scales, ph-testers, body fat measures, and other devices to measure the results of your cleanse)
- Journals (to document the process, emotions, challenges and triumphs during the Master Cleanse
Is it safe to do the master cleanse while you’re in a birth control pill?
Almost done with Day 3 orange juice. Do I do the salt water flush tonight before I go to bed, or first thing in the morning before my first glass of lemonade, which will be Lemonade Day 1?
Wish I would have found this site first – Started Thursday, July 17 – PLEASE do not do what I did – Eat a Mickey D Crispy Chicken Bacon sandwich ( WITH fries ) the night before and put off the laxative tea until Friday :-( Constipation is no joke – after 2 hours and blood, sweat & tears on Saturday morning I will never do THAT again ! Ever see a farmer “help” a cow deliver a calf ?? Thank heavens for laytex gloves…
Hey Its my first time for Master cleanse so i was going through all the posts available. I came across above post. It gives the list of veggies which can be consumed but except onion and tomatoes others are not available in my city. So During my ease-in days can I consume cucumber. Plz Help!!!
Ease in day 1
I’m a bit confused… Do we start the lemonade diet with the raw veggies and so on and so forth or just water and different steps until day 4?
What if you do not like oj, what can be substituted?
Ease-In Day 3
I’m a little confused on the Ease-In day three in one area it says fruits & veggies and then further down on the same page it has a picture of the orange juice saying day 3 of the Ease-In should be consumed. Can someone please help me out with this dilemma. I have already been doing the fruits & veggies so I hope that this will be ok and will be having the organic orange juice on Monday. I am so excited and I just want to do this right so that I can have excellent results. Can anyone clear this up for me?
Everyone should do this!! I’ve lost 30 pounds in two weeks and feelin good!!! YES!!!!!!!!!
ease in day 1: been eating raw diet and feeling good but i have a question about day 3 orange juice day. my question is is that i consume on day 3 is just a liter of freshly squeesed orange juice mixed with water?? or do i continue the raw diet and then include the orange juice??
just fresh orange juice.
the ease in is the reverse of the ease out.
so your first day easing out of the lemonade will be orange juice.
then step 2 and step 1. Done.
Just starting! Ease-in day 1. Good luck to be, it frightens me to think that I will not be eating any solid foods!!! My environment is so UN-supportive that I will need to be very strong to be successful.