We cover the main salt water flush instructions in another post, but these special instructions are for those who can’t seem to get it down so that it’s effective as their daily detox elimination.
We know that many people report they can’t stand the Salt Water Flush. If it isn’t the taste (or after-taste), its the volume of liquid. Here is our definitive list of tips that we’ve used, or from our readers that we might not have tried yet, but are sure to make the salt water cleanse easier.
Secret Techniques for the Salt Water Flush Instructions
- Chug It: Or as I like to call it “pound it” – perhaps because I like to pretend I am still in college, and the sea salt is actually a keg stand. I also move into the bathroom and in front of the mirror
- Focus: Shake it well and move to the sink. I like to “pound it” – perhaps because I like to pretend I am still in college and the sea salt is actually a keg stand. I also move into the bathroom and stand in front of the mirror. Somehow, by watching myself, I can manage to drink the whole liter in one try, spilling very little. This too is a challenge in itself, especially once your stomach has become very small from taking no solids. Chances are, you will feel full halfway through, so just keep going. Stopping only makes you taste the salt, and will activate your gag reflex. While it is not required to drink the solution in one go, you will find that the taste is such that you will want to get it down quickly. It is not awful, but it is not exactly pleasant, and therefore I choose to get it over with. I also enjoy the little challenge.
- Shoot & Chase: I haven’t tried this method but it seem reasonable. Split your water into two 500 ml containers. Mix all the 2 teaspoons into 1 container. Drink that one first. Then chase it with the plain water ASAP. That’s critical because you want the two “doses” to mix into one inside your stomach. This should cleanse your palate quickly, removing the taste of salt and getting your mind off the unpleasantries.
- Use a straw to drink the mixture. You won’t have to taste so much as the liquid does not pass over most of your tongue. Remember to breathe or you might get a head rush.
- Add the juice from 1 lemon. This is a popular suggestion. We are taking in lemon already, so no harm done. I wonder about how it effects the Specific Gravity of the solution.
- Brush your teeth first. The mint from your toothpaste will help disguise the taste.
- Warm the water: Use warm to mildly hot water. Readers report it makes the mixture taste a little like soup.
- Drink it slowly. Break up into 6 small cups and shoot it back. Or 5 glasses and sip 1 per minute.
Faulty Instructions for the Salt Water Flush
- Putting the salt in capsules. NO! It needs to be a SALT WATER flush. Keyword. Water.
For a complete list of our top tips about the salt water flush in general, check out this post, and be sure to learn all about what the salt water flush is, and why we do it here.