Ohhhh, the yummy salt water flush! This is many times the most difficult part of the Master Cleanse detox. It is also optional as you can drink the Smooth Move tea instead, but I certainly would recommend doing the Salt Water Flush every day the first couple of days. After that you can do the flush every couple of days if you are finding it very unpleasant or difficult (but here's hoping these Salt Water Flush Tips help you through the process.
How to prepare The Salt Water Flush
Using 1 liter BPA Free Water Bottle and your teaspoon measure, mix a solution consisting of :
- Sea Salt – 2 teaspoons
- And Pure Water – 1 quart of warm water
There have been many questions about this process. Many people complain that the SWF doesn't work for them. This is probably the most common mistake with the master cleanse. I believe it can work for everyone, but there are no absolutes in this world. The key is to adjust the amount of salt in order to create the right solution for your individual needs.
2 Important Tips to make sure you do the Salt Water Flush right
- Make sure you don't used iodized table salt. NON-iodized sea salt is essential.
- The Salt Water Flush MUST be done on an empty stomach
The Salt Water Flush flushes the whole digestive tract in a way that is very specific and different from the laxative tea. The laxative in a form of tea is necessary every day to allow for the elimination of the toxins from the body. Master Cleanse is all about releasing, so this is very important.
The Salt Water Flush video:
[video_player type=”youtube” width=”560″ height=”315″ align=”center” margin_top=”0″ margin_bottom=”20″]aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cueW91dHViZS5jb20vd2F0Y2g/dj1pd2N6RndwbnFIUQ==[/video_player]
Salt Water Flush Tips to Get it Down and Keep it Down
There are few common tricks to ” getting it down” and here is the list:
- 1. You can try brushing your teeth with a really minty (if posible organic) tooth paste before you drink the mixture. This one works quite well.
- 2. Some people find quite a bit of success with drinking it warm and pretending/ visualizing it's a chicken broth.
- 3. My personal favourite was having a spoon dipped in maple syrup ready after each time I would take a drink. By licking the spoon a little, my mind would concentrate on the strong flavour of maple syrup and be distracted from the saltiness.
- 4. I also heard about people sipping the salty mixture through a straw.
- 5. You can add a little bit of fresh lemon juice to change the salty taste.
What is your trick to overcoming this challenge of Salt Water Flush? Please, leave a comment and share your tips with this awesome community. It will be greatly appreciated.
Tips to make the Salt Water Cleanse More Effective
- Take extra water with or without salt. This often increases the activity of the Salt Water Flush. This tip is Stanley approved as it's his tip found in his original book
- Lie on your right side for 30 minutes. This will help the salt water flow through your colon easier letting gravity lend a hand.
Can I use Epsom salts for the Salt Water Flush?
Some people are using epsom salts for the Salt Water Flush, and I would not recommend that. Here is why: Using Epsom Salt for the SWF can be extremely abrasive to the colon, especially when used daily as recommended on the Master Cleanse.
- Sea salt is obtained from the evaporation of sea water.
- Epsom salt is obtained by chemical process.
- The major component of Epsom salt is magnesium.
- Sea salt contains 98.0 % NaCl (sodium-chloride) + 80 essential elements (2%).
I hope that helps our readers to make an educated decision. Click here to see an article about the Sea salt we recommend on our website.
Epsom salts are typically used to relieve sore muscles by soaking in water that has Epsom salt added to it. It is helpful to take Epsom salts bath during the Master Cleanse as it as additional detox for the body and a great way to relax and release some stress at the end of the day.
Epsom Salt Bath: relax and keep hydrated.
Important note! Epsom salts bath can be very dehydrating. Make sure to drink some water before having the bath or sip some nice herbal tea as you relax taking the bath. That is my favourite. I also recommend to have a cold water shower after the bath to wash away the salty water and to rehydrate.
Take it easy and happy cleansing everyone!
Go here for other articles on Sea salt.