Changing your lifestyle can take some time and effort and for most of us the only way to shift into a healthier lifestyle, is little by little. Big part of it educating your self about what is out there that can help you to make that shift into a better, healthier lifestyle every day.
It may include getting into yoga, establishing better eating habits, taking on a new ways of thinking to release stress and negative thoughts, or even exploring some ways to have a greener, less toxic household.
25 Awesome Ideas to Improve Your Heath and Enjoy Life More.
This time of year is the shopping season. With Black Friday approaching and Christmas coming soon, why not to choose to give the gift of health and invest into products that can improve the quality of your life every day. Our team here at theMasterCleanse.org had a lot of fun creating a list of things we love and use our selves to get healthier and happier.
Take a look at our recommendations and see what you can add to your new way of healthy living.
Juicing is my top tip towards achieving a healthier body. I personally love the Jay Kordich PowerGrind Pro Juicer. I use it daily for me and my family. It is better than any other juicer I’ve owned. The juice achieved is really tasty and has a creamy texture resulting in a really pleasant drink.
This is a hybrid juicer meaning it extracts and grinds so you can juice many types of vegetables and fruits successfully including more difficult to juice greens like wheat grass, spinach and parsley. You can even make nut or rice milks! You should try making your own almond milk – no pasteurization, no homogenization – just pure goodness!
Weleda Hygiene and Beauty Products – Organic and Preservatives Free.
Bear in mind that your biggest organ is your skin and therefore anything you put on it will be absorbed into your body. Surely then you can understand the importance of using products that are safe for us and free of toxic ingredients. One range which I absolutely love is Weleda. They have a vast range of products to choose from. Below is a list of my top recommendations. All their products are organic and made from pure natural substances free of artificial preservatives.
- Birch Body Scrub – Gently exfoliates your skin with organic sesame seed oil, apricot kernel oil and natural plant wax pearls
- Rosemary Shampoo – Suitable for fine, weakened and brittle hair. Also prevents dandruff.
- Chestnut Shampoo – Good for all hair types including hair with a fatty tendency.
- Rosemary Hair Oil – Restore balance to your hair naturally.This deep conditioning oil gives luster, softens split ends, and make hair more manageable
You can go to their main page to see the whole range – Weleda Range– as they simply have too many products for me to mention; including for: pregnancy, babies, children, hair, skin, massage oils and so much more.
Coconut Oil – Not Just for Cooking
I really love coconut oil and would not know what to do without it. It is so versatile. Not only can you cook with it, you can also use it for :
- Moisturizing your skin
- Getting healthy hair using it as a deep conditioner
- Removing make-up and more
Coconut oil has so many health benefits and is one of the few oils that are safe and healthy for you to eat, even at higher temperatures. Some of the health benefits that have been attributed to coconut are: maintaining cholesterol levels, stress relief, weight loss, increased immunity, proper digestion and metabolism and relief from heart diseases, high blood pressure, diabetes, kidney problems, cancer, dental care, bone strength and so much more. So go ahead use it on your body, your hair, for frying your foods, add it to your smoothies, your cereal and even in the bedroom! Living Foods Extra Virgin Coconut Oil by Garden of life– Organic, unrefined and cold-pressed. Non-GMO, not hydrogenated, refined, bleached or deodorized.
Whether you are looking to convert to only eating raw foods or wish to add them more to your diet it is imperative that you learn about the various nutrients found in foods. Identify and include in your daily diet the so-called “Superfoods” – meaning they bring a particular high density of a certain nutrient. You must achieve the right balance of nutrients for a healthy body. “Superfoods: The Food and Medicine of the Future”– David Wolfe is one of the leading experts on Superfoods, Superherbs and raw foods in general. This book lists in detail some of the main Superfoods and includes delicious recipes to use these in.
Owning a food processor is a must in any kitchen if you ask me, no matter what diet you follow. Me personally I own the Kenwood Chef Major Titanium and I absolutely love it. It has:
- A blender which I use for my smoothies and juices
- A mixing bowl with a dough hook for making my own bread
- A citrus press
- A multi mill for grinding down tough spices
- An ice cream maker for making my very own raw organic ice cream
- A grain mill attachment for grinding down grains into flour and the list goes on.
It is a bit of an investment but well worth it. I believe that Kenwood is not so popular yet everywhere and its equivalent is the Kitchen Aid. It is a bit of an investment but well worth it.
This is an expensive item but it pays for itself quickly, lasts forever, and is way more useful than you might think. If you really try, you can use it every day, and you should if you want to get whole foods into your diet, which will ultimately give you more years to enjoy this powerhouse home appliance.
- Create every course of your home-cooked meal from frozen drinks to creamy desserts, in minutes.
- Make smoothies, hot soups, and frozen desserts, all using just this one machine.
Latex Pillow – Environmentally Sustainable & Biodegradable!
You spend 1/3 or your life sleeping so you should Sleep Well. You face is breatching next to your pillow, and your posture starts at the position of your head. So a comfortable, non toxic and contagion resistant pillow is essential. I love my latex pillow.
- Firm standard-sized natural talalay latex foam pillow, great for allergy sufferers
- Resistant to bacteria, mold, mites and fungus
- Unique pin-hole design offers constant air circulation
- Includes white striped cover made of 250-thread-count, 100 percent cotton; zippered closure
Heart Math – Transform Your Emotional Well Being
“Know Thyself” is the key to wellness and prosperity if you ask me (and scriptures). This App Enabled Accessory monitors your emotions and trains you how to react, and correct your patterns of behaviours so you will not yell at your loved ones when they take the last drumstick, or eat the last slice of pie.
This EmWave technology is an innovative approach to improving wellness and facilitating personal growth based on learning to change your heart rhythm pattern to create coherence; a scientifically measurable state characterized by increased order and harmony in our psychological and physiological processes. Used just a few minutes a day, this simple-to-use technology helps you transform feelings of anger, anxiety or frustration into more peace, ease and clarity. As you practice on the go or at your computer you increase your coherence baseline and your ability to take charge of your emotional reactions.
Since my years of pro sports and pro slouching in front of a computer, I need to counter my lifestyle with percise stretches and postures for strenght, endurance and flexibility. This app helps you get the most of your Yoga routines. This amazing app features:
- Detailed voice and visual instruction guides you through every pose, including each inhalation and exhalation
- Over 145 beautifully illustrated pose images with correct posture and positioning, and practices designed by experienced yoga instructors
- Dictionary of poses containing descriptions and benefits of each pose
- Maintains an ongoing log of all your yoga practices to track your progress and motivate you to continue
- Ability to play music from your music library in place of the default music
Yes, this “Toy” is a technological luxury, but with so many App-Enabled Accessories (like the Yoga App above) and Appliances in Self Care and Personal Health Management, not to mention simple apps used for understanding and workking with your health, the iPad is a favourite thing, and it can be an extremely useful one when it comes to ones health.
This is one of my favorite books because it tells the story of a woman taking action to correct everything that was wrong with her life and become a happier person.
Elizabeth Gilbert describes real events from her life: how she found her own way by traveling to Italy, India, and Indonesia even though it seemed crazy to everyone else. It’s the story a journey towards a healthier mind and spirit told in a humorous and entertaining style.
Organic Wear makeup is my go-to brand. This mascara is paraben-free and is not tested on animals. It’s free of synthetic solvents, which cause eyelashes to become dry and brittle. It’s also free of synthetic fibers.
Used by many makeup companies to create volume, synthetic fibers can often cause eye irritation. So unlike most other mascaras, Organic Wear doesn’t irritate my eyes or make my eyelashes fall out, and it looks better than any other mascara. It’s a reliable part of my makeup collection.
This classic 80’s show never fails to put a smile on my face and put me in a good mood.
It’s about a fugitive commando team that fights for justice and defends people in need. There’s Face, the handsome con man, Murdock, the crazy pilot, B.A., the tough guy who is afraid of flying, and “Hannibal” Smith the daredevil leader who masterminds ingenious plans. And best of all, it’s set in a charmed world where bullets fly but nobody ever gets killed and justice prevails!
These are good to take with food that you know is going to be difficult to digest. With the holiday season coming up, I know I’ll be needing these as I’m too polite to refuse delicious holiday food!
Active Digestive Enzymes provide enzyme reinforcements to allow the body to make enough metabolic enzymes for our immune protection. No mineral, vitamin, or hormone can do any work without enzymes. Enzymes are needed for our body to build proteins, carbohydrates, and fats. With plant enzyme-rich nutrients included in each capsule, they offer the perfect balance of a FULL-SPECTRUM enzyme support product.
It seems like much of our cookware holds some dangerous toxins. Teflon is unhealthy and aluminum is reputed to cause Alzheimers. Stainless steel is one of the safe choices.
This cookware set has superior cooking surface. Stainless steel cooking surface does not discolor, react with food, or alter flavours. It includes two saucepans, two skillets, one sauté pan and a stockpot, perfect for foodies or aspiring chefs.
My favourite drink all year long is hot herbal tea. I feel like I am doing good for my body whenever I have a cup of tea. It’s also a great grounding ritual for the creating peaceful moments during a busy day.
This Stress Relieving and Energizing teas has all these wonderful health benefits:
- Providing you antioxidant protection against free radicals
- Helping you soothe occasional stress brought on by everyday life
- Help in bolstering your immune system
- Aid in supporting your normal cholesterol levels
- Helping you maintain your normal range blood sugar levels
I love simple foods and simple health remedies, and this is one of them. Apple sider vinegar has so many healing properties and health benefits, I compare it garlic. It’s great on salads – my favourite food, but it’s a great beauty product too. I use it to make my own toner to keep my skin clear, healthy and it also balanced my skin’s PH. 5 $ really well spent!
Here are just some of awesome benefits of this little “healing master”. Apple Cider vinegar is:
- Rich in potassium, a mineral that is often times lacking in adult diets. This mineral is key for growth, building muscles, transmission of nerve impulses, heart activity etc. It also helps to prevent brittle teeth, hair loss and runny noses.
- May help improve bowel irregularity and helps to remove toxins from the body at a faster rate.
- Rich in acetic acid. This acid is said to slow the digestion of starch which can help to lower the rise in glucose that commonly occurs after meals. ACV helps with weight loss by breaking down fats so that your body can use them rather than store them.
- Rich in ash which gives ACV its alkaline property. This aids your body in maintaining proper pH levels for a healthy alkaline state. (It is particularly important if you drink a lot of coffee or wine.)
- It can help regulate blood pressure and reduce bad cholesterol.
- Rich in malic acid which gives ACV its anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
An amazing book by a world-renowned author, vibrational healer, and spiritual teacher Sonia Choquette. This is my favourite book that literally jump-started a new lifestyle for me and also my new career as a Life Coach. I still recommend it to all my clients. It’s a little step by step instruction guide that can help you to manifest all kinds of miracles in your life, if you follow it and practice consistently of course.
In this work, Sonia presents real-life stories of those who learned to tap into their intuition to drastically change and improve their lives. Learn bout what they do, how they think, the choices they make, and the attitudes and perspectives they own.
I actually got these cards as a gift from my First Life Coach in 2005 and I really love how quickly they can ground me in any stressful moment. It makes up for a nice, fun spiritual ritual to use these every morning. Plus they are so beautifully illustrated.
Published by Hay House, Trust Your Vibes Oracle Cards is a Powerful Tool Kit for Awakening Your Sixth Sense. It features:
- 52 cards designed to help activate and strengthen your psychic sense.
- A 113 page Guidebook which elaborates on the theme of each card.
I think this book should be in every household on this planet. I bought this book at the I Can Do It Vancouver – Hayhouse event after listening to Wayne Dyer (battling cancer him self) raving about this book. The story is so powerful and will provide many ahas, I guarantee you that.
In this truly inspirational memoir Anita Moorjani relates how, after fighting cancer for almost four years, her body overwhelmed by the malignant cells spreading throughout her system, began shutting down. As her organs failed, she entered into an extraordinary near-death experience where she realized her inherent worth . . . and the actual cause of her disease. Upon regaining consciousness, Anita found that her condition had improved so rapidly that she was able to be released from the hospital within weeks . . . without a trace of cancer in her body!
Steve Richards is the Producer at theMasterCleanse.org.
Green tea is one of the important things for me in keeping healthy and I personally drink it every day. Bigelow is my favorite brand and I would recommend it to anyone.
The powerful antioxidants in green tea act as natural combatants that contribute to healthy cell integrity by absorbing harmful free radicals. More and more studies are showing that drinking 2-3 cups a day may contribute to your body's well being.
Snacking during the day when I get hungry is a big part of me not overeating during breakfast, lunch and dinner. Dried apples are a great option for a snack and these organic ones are the best of the best for me.
- 100% certified organic snack
- Soft, chewy and unsulfured
I make the effort to stay healthy, but I can always use help with exercises and how to do them correctly. This Men’s Health book is a go-to for me to make sure I am maximizing exercises.
From start to finish, this 480-page muscle manual bulges with hundreds of useful tips, the latest findings in exercise science, and cutting-edge workouts from the world's top trainers. This book includes:
- More than 100 core exercises! You'll never run out of ways to sculpt your six-pack.
- 62 glutes and hamstrings exercises, for a more powerful, athletic body.
- The World's Greatest 4-Week Diet and Exercise Plan
- The Beach Ready Body Workout
- The 25 super snacks that keep you lean
- The 5 biggest nutrition myths, busted
- The perfect foods to fuel your workouts
Organic food and products are an important part in becoming a healthier and better you. What better way of getting to know nature and where everything organic comes from than the most comprehensive documentary about the planet earth I have ever seen? This documentary is incredibly enjoyable and worth the watch every time.
With an unprecedented production budget of $25 million, and from the makers of Blue Planet: Seas of Life, comes the epic story of life on Earth. Five years in production, over 2,000 days in the field, using 40 cameramen filming across 200 locations, shot entirely in high definition, this is the ultimate portrait of our planet. A stunning television experience that captures rare action, impossible locations and intimate moments with our planet's best-loved, wildest and most elusive creatures.
As an associate producer of The Master Cleanse I often find myself sitting in front of a computer. I find that these hand grippers are a good way to be active both at work and in trying to be healthy. The Hand Grippers can:
- Builds grip and hand strength
- Make forearms stronger
- Good for injury recovery
- Grip more and you can lift more weight!
Taking The First Steps Towards A Healthier You
For most becoming healthier is a slow process. Don't feel like you have to change everything right now. Just apply changes to your daily routine little by little, as this is by far the best way of ensuring yourself that you will stick with it. Buy things when you can afford to. Slowly change your toxic products for healthier options; next time you buy oil consider swapping it for coconut oil; think about where you are spending your money and that having health is what really matters.