The Lemonade Diet is the portion of The Master Cleanse during which you consume only the Lemonade. It is a diet in the sense that you are restricted to a certain food. The phrase “The Lemonade Diet” is often used synonymously with The Master Cleanse, but I break it down in order to describe the portion of The Master Cleanse when you consume the nutrients and energy from the Fresh Lemon Juice, Rich Maple Syrup, and Organic Cayenne Pepper.
There are Three Secrets to The Master Cleanse:
- Ease-In and Ease-Out: The 3 days before and after The Lemonade Diet that slowly removes or re-introduces complex, processed (C.R.A.P.) foods from your diet.
- The Lemonade Diet: 10 Days to Lose Weight Fast, and Feel Great At Last
- Every Day Detox: Every day a Natural Detox Method must be engaged to eliminate Waste such as Detox Tea and The Salt Water Flush
Each of these will be explained in detail, and it is very important to follow these directions carefully. If you read closely you shouldn't have many questions, but of course there is always more to know, so check out the comments. Most of your other questions will be answered there. Since I get so many of the same questions this FAQ or Frequently Asked Questions page will address most questions as well this Common Mistakes page.
What is the Lemonade Diet?
The Lemonade diet aka The Master Cleanse is simple yet effective way to detox your body. Here is description of this diet by one of the experts on this specific Cleanse – Tom Woloshyn:
” The master Cleanse is one of the most simple, effective, and inexpensive cleansing and healing programs available. It is a liquid monodiet (that is, one mixture only) designed to work with an complement your body's own cleansing and detoxifying processes, and at the same time to nourish your body with the things it needs to function. It is not a true fast (one in which there is no nutrition), nor it is a means to starve the body in order to loose weight dangerously fast. The cleanse is typically done for 10 days, but can be safely maintained for many more days in a row, even weeks when desired. “
This quote is an exert from Tom Woloshyn's book The Complete Master Cleanse.
This page is dedicated to the directions to The Lemonade Diet Recipe as well as the ingredients, expectations, problems and experiences myself and the readers of this website have encountered.
The Lemonade Diet begins with preparing the Lemonade. During the diet, you will only consume the Lemonade that you make each day. In order to ensure that it is fresh and will retain as much of the nutrients and energy as possible, you should prepare the Lemonade just moments before drinking it.
Lemonade Diet Ingredients
To make the Lemonade you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 Tablespoons of Fresh Lemon Juice from one half of a Lemon
- 2 Tablespoons of Rich Maple Syrup
- 1/10 of a Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- 1 – 2 cups of Pure Water (Alkaline Water is best, in my opinion)
To prepare the Lemonade for the Lemonade Diet you will also need the following:
- 1 large cup to mix your lemonade in
- 1 Tablespoon Measure
- 1/10 Teaspoon Measure
- Cutting Board
- Sharp knife
- Juicer (Hand juicer or Power juicer)
You'll need a Lemonade Kit
How to Make the Lemonade
Start by rolling a Lemon on the cutting board to get it nice and juicy. Cut the lemon along its belly and grind it on the juicer. Do this until you have juiced half your lemons, or until you have no more room in your juicer.
- Measure 2 Tablespoons of Fresh Lemon Juice into your large cup.
- Now measure and at 2 Tablespoons of Rich Maple Syrup to the cup.
- Measure and add 1/10 Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper to the cup (or more to taste).
- Mix a and drink immediately.
While on the Lemonade Diet, you can and should drink plenty of Pure Water. I drink 1 cup as a chaser after each cup of Lemonade. You can drink more throughout the day. Try to avoid drinking more than double the amount of Lemonade each day.
Drinking enough water helps to wash out the toxins being released into your bood stream and out of your body during the cleanse. It also helps to prevent possible headaches as well as feeling of hunger or cravings that surface during the detox.
Tips on how to make the Master Cleanse Lemonade right
- 1. Store your lemons on the counter to ripen, NOT in the fridge. Enzymes are dormant in the fridge. You want those enzymes. If you buy 50 lemons in advance, as most people do, store 40 in the fridge at a time and take the 10 most ripe lemons out for your first day or two.
- 2. Next, cut the lemon and juice each half on the juicer (If using an electric juicer you may want to juice the whole allotment at once, since you will not be sure how many lemons will yield the proper amount of juice. You may initially find you will waste a lemon or two).
- 3. Add the rest of the lemonade ingredients into the glass, mix immediately, and drink. I like to drink the glass quickly because it seems to hit my hunger spot quickly. I usually only drink when I need to, and when enough time has passed to allow for a nice spread over the day as I try to manage my daily quota.
- 4. Drink your lemonade as soon as you can after you made it (5-10 minutes after it was made). If you allow the lemonade to sit with the Cayenne pepper in it too long as it will steep. The lemonade will get too spicy and that may prevent you from drinking enough lemonade during the day.
(Note: You might get a kick out of licking the tablespoon measure after adding your maple syrup. You may even come to look forward to this part of the process –just don't “eat” the syrup in quantity).
If you are doing The Salt Water Flush, you should drink your first glass of lemonade after your first bowel movement to allow the process of elimination to begin.
The Lemonade Diet Concentrate – the most common mistake
Previously mentioned on this website was my preference to drink Pre-mix Lemonade. I now understand a critical flaw to this plan. The longer your Lemonade sits, the more enzymes die. If you need to Pre-mix your Lemonade, then you should only mix a concentrate of just 2 ingredients :
- The Fresh Lemon Juice
- And the Rich Maple Syrup.
The maple syrup acts as a preservative. This Lemonade Diet Concentrate will keep the enzymes alive long enough to be consumed during the day. Store The Lemonade Diet Concentrate in a cool, dark, glass container. Do not add the cayenne or water to the concentrate! The cayenne will “Steep” like tea, and make the concentrate very hot. The water will dilute the maple syrup and the enzymes in the Fresh Lemon Juice will die. Add the water each time you make a fresh glass of lemonade. Learn the details about Master Cleanse Enzymes and The Lemonade Diet Concentrate because it is crucial to your success, and is a leading cause of Master Cleanse Problems.
Avoid These Common Mistakes
In one of our blog-posts we talk about 5 tips to make the Lemonade right. These mistakes can prevent you from receiving all the cleansing and Healing effects of the Lemonade diet. Please, click on the link to read the article.
Cleansing and Healing effects of the Lemonade Diet
Cleansing can improve all aspects of your personal health including:
- Increasing energy
- Balancing your body's PH
- Losing weight
- Reducing swelling and pain
- Alleviating allergies
- Flushing the colon
- Improving skin and hair
- Ridding your body of parasites
Lemonade Diet Conclusion – Repeating the Process
That concludes the process of The Lemonade Diet. Just repeat for every day of your intended duration. Most Master Cleanse Practitioners won't recommend less than 10 days. 10 days is a great achievement and will produce far better results as your body can really begin to focus on the deep and dark within. 14 days is very challenging and when added to the Ease-in and Ease-out is almost 3 weeks in total. I have heard of, and known, people who go for 30 and more.