Unlike the Ease-out, the Ease-in (Or Ease-On) is optional. However, after years of cleansing and supporting cleansers we've found that each of these three phases is equally as important to your successfully completing this sometimes challenging cleanse. Some people choose not to ease into this somewhat extreme detox. I personally believe that it is a kind choice to allow our bodies to adjust to this cleansing process and to slowly start letting our digestive system rest before we introduce the spicy lemonade cleanse of the lemonade diet that eventually allows for our digestive system to rest completely.
I also find (as I manage our Master Cleanse Facebook page), that people who choose to ease-on are not as challenged to stick to the Lemonade diet and that is a great benefit on its own. Easing-onto the lemonade can prepare you for the cleanse:
This is especially important for the people that are about to do the Master Cleanse for the very first time.
The Ease-in portion of the Master Cleanse is important to me for several reasons.
- It allows me to prepare my digesting system for the upcoming big changes in my diet. Eventually, as I start the actual Lemonade diet, my digestive system will be allowed to rest completely, so it makes sense to start introducing foods very easy to digest ( soups, juices, smoothies...) before I start only drinking liquids — the lemonade and additional pure water.
- It helps me develop the habit of a more natural and healthier diet. I don't want to adopt a rule-filled lifestyle such as vegan or vegetarian, but I do want to limit processed foods, dairy products and red meats. I know that juicing is a great way to get vital veggies.
- Therefore, if I choose to eat this way strictly before I begin my cleanse, I am a little more likely to continue the habit in my Post-Cleanse Lifestyle.
"This simpler diet will be less stressful on the body and will help with the eventual elimination of some of your poor food choices. Eating such a diet will make it easier for you to transition to the Master Cleanse."
The Ease-in can be eliminated, as it is not suggested in the original text. It can also be reduced. This is just my version, take it or leave it.
How to Ease into the Lemonade diet
This is a good method to gradually prepare your body for the Master Cleanse.
- Day 1 – The SSSuper Food Diet - Salads, Soups, Smoothies & Juices
- Day 2 – The SSuper Food Diet - Soups, Smoothies & Juices
- Day 3 – Orange Juice – 3 1-liter orange juice (with 2 tablespoons of maple syrup if you want more calories and energy)
Ease-In Day 1 - Living Food Diet
To do the The Living Food Diet, you need only to eat live foods. Simply remove processed foods, meat and dairy from your diet. Enjoy shopping for, and eating interesting fruits and vegetables. Savor the rich flavor and textures. Be sure that you don't go too heavy on fruits as they are high in sugar. A 60/40 balance of vegetables to fruits is a good guideline.
A pre-diet regimen is essential. As with the diet itself, the quality of the ingredients is important. Organic is good, but a lack of organic foods should not keep you from starting; if you can’t find organic, get regular produce. To be on a vegetarian diet including juicing, soups and broths for a few days prior to the Cleanse is a great way to slowly allow your digestive system to adjust to a new upcoming (and for many people a bit extreme) Lemonade diet.
Top 5 inexpensive Super Vegetables:
- Organic Onions
- Organic Carrots
- Organic Broccoli
- Organic Peppers
- Organic Tomatoes
- And Organic Oranges for your Orange juice to drink on the last day of Ease-in
Ease-In Day 2 - Juicing, Blending, Soups and Broths
As much as you can, keep the ingredients:
- And Organic
This step preps your body for a liquid diet and delivers macronutrients more quickly to your bloodstream.By breaking down the foods to liquids we can more readily take in the nutrients from the food. Fruit and Vegetable Juicing is very enjoyable. There are endless combinations of tasty juicing recipes. Blending is equally enjoyable. Green smoothies are like drinking a glass of healing. If you do not have a juicer, you can make soup or broths.
Here are some great vegetable soup recipes you may enjoy while Easing into the Master Cleanse.
Ease-In Day 3 - Orange Juice
Manually or electrically juice enough oranges to make 2 liters of Orange Juice, mixed with water (to taste).Sometimes I find it hard to get the calories I need through the day and so I add some Maple Syrup to increase my caloric intake. Again, this is just the reverse process of the Ease-out or "Breaking the Master Cleanse."
IMPORTANT NOTE: The most important factor to keep in mind during the Ease-in stage is to drink a lot of pure water, especially when you are fruit and veggie juicing. If you do not make broth, and opt for juices instead, it is important you understand that the juice will have a great deal of fiber, and you need to make sure you have enough water in your system to keep you from becoming constipated.
Gather Your Master Cleanse Kit
Regardless of whether you choose to Ease-In or go right to The Lemonade Diet, your Master Cleanse Kit will contain all of your ingredients, tools, equipment, and appliances that you will need during the Master Cleanse and The Lemonade Diet. The tools and equipment of The Master Cleanse Kit are used to prepare and make the Lemonade, as well as to produce your Daily Detox Bowel Movements. The Lemonade Diet Ingredients are discussed in detail further down this page (and on The Lemonade Diet page).
Below are some other items you might consider for inclusion in your Master Cleanse Kit.
- Laxatives (to create Daily Detox Bowel Movements)
- Sea Salt (for The Salt Water Flush)
- Hand Juicers or Electric Juicers
- Teaspoon and Tablespoon Measures
- Naturally Non-caffeinated Herbal Teas (the only cheating allowed)
- Bio-Metric Measures (scales, ph-testers, body fat measures, and other devices to measure the results of your cleanse)
- Journals (to document the process, emotions, challenges and triumphs during the Master Cleanse